- 38g Roasted Almonds no salt
- 134g fire roasted red pepper, minced
- 122g almond flour
- 297g diced tomatoes (in juice)
- 58g sauteed onion, minced
- 19g sherry vinegar 70 grain
- 12g garlic, pureed
- 1g red pepper flakes
- 16g olive oil
- 8g lemon juice concentrate
- 5g salt
- 81g water
- Chopped toasted almonds, as desired
- Chop roasted almonds into small dice; set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients in food processor and pulse until just combined.
- Pour into 4 qt size pot. Heat up slowly on the stove top, until mixture reaches a rolling boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Spoon over pasta, meats or vegetables. Sprinkle additional toasted chopped almonds on top as desired.
- Adjust pH with citric acid or lemon juice concentrate if pH is below 4.6.
- Heat product up to temperature 185F — 220F (depending on final pH, processing procedures).
- Hot fill into jars, pouches, containers.
Refrigerated Version (shorter shelf life):
Check pH for quality and flavor purposes (4.2 to 4.7 range).
1. Heat product up to temperatures of 185F — 220F.
2. Cool quickly following food service cool down procedures (rapid cool down on ice).
3. Store refrigerated.
Created by Rachel Zemser, food scientist, on behalf of the Almond Board of California