Last Updated: ● April 17, 2023
At David Roberts Food Corporation (“David Roberts”, “we”, “us” or “our”), we are committed to protecting your privacy.
David Roberts operates a retail outlet food store under the brand “David Roberts Factory Outlet Store” (the “Factory Outlet Store”) and the website DavidRobertsfood.ca or DavidRobertsfood.com (the “Website”).
“Personal information” means information about an identifiable individual and may include, without limitation, their name, address, telephone number, credit card information and email address.
Knowledge and Consent
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information, subject to applicable law. Depending on the circumstances, your consent may be express or implied. You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by Contacting Us as described below. If you wish to withdraw your consent, we will inform you of the implications of withdrawing consent.
To opt-out of receiving promotional emails for which you have subscribed, click the “unsubscribe” link in any such email or follow the instructions under the heading Promotional Emails below.
Personal Information That We Collect
The personal information that we may collect from or about you, from time to time, may include some or all of the following:
- Information that you provide to us through on-line and in-store customer surveys or when you participate in a contest;
- Information that you provide to us when you sign up to receive promotional emails or earn loyalty points, including your name, email address and telephone number;
- Comments or suggestions that you voluntarily give to us;
- Contact information that you provide to us such as your name, billing and shipping address, email address and telephone number (for instance, when you place an order, make a purchase, register on the Website, create an account, or contact customer service);
- Payment and billing information such as your credit number/expiry date when you place an order or make a purchase;
- Information you provide to request a return or refund such as your name, email address, telephone number and proof of identity including your signature;
- Information that you provide in a resume, cover letter or other employment-related materials; and
- Images and recordings of you that may be captured with video surveillance outside of our Factory Outlet Store.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the products or services that you request;
- Respond to your questions, concerns and requests including those which you may have regarding our products or services;
- Process your orders and retail transactions in the ordinary course of our business;
- Process and track your returns in accordance with our return policy;
- Detect and protect against error or fraud or otherwise administer our loss prevention program;
- Administer your participation in contests and surveys;
- Send you electronic communications for which you have signed up advising you of specials, promotions and other news (unless you have opted to unsubscribe from receiving such promotional communications);
- Improve our Website and our products and services;
- Communicate with you about your account, your orders or if there is a product recall;
- Evaluate your qualifications and suitability for employment opportunities with David Roberts for which you have applied and to process and respond to your application, as applicable; and
- For such other purposes with your consent, or as permitted or required by applicable law.
We may also use information on an aggregate, non-identifiable basis.
Sharing And Disclosure of Personal Information
- In accordance with applicable law, to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation, or other acquisition, disposition, securitization or financing involving all or a portion of David Roberts’ business or assets;
- To comply with any subpoena, warrant, court order, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, security or safety of David Foods, our employees, customers, or others; and
- For any other purpose with your consent, or as permitted or required by applicable law.
David Roberts offers promotional email communications about our products, services, specials and other news that may be of interest to you. In order to receive these emails, you must first voluntarily sign up to receive these communications by completing a request on our Website or in person at our Factory Outlet Store. You may unsubscribe from receiving these promotional email communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any such email or by Contacting Us. Even if you unsubscribe, we may still send you transactional emails or other non-promotional emails that we are permitted by law to send to you.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
David Roberts uses commercially reasonable security measures to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure, regardless of the format in which the information is held. Such measures include physical, organizational and technological measures. For instance, we employ generally accepted information security techniques to protect our Website and your personal information, such as firewalls, access control procedures, and encryption of order information using SSL technology.
While David Roberts uses commercially reasonable security safeguards to protect your information, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and therefore David Roberts cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information.
If you have created an account on our Website, online access to your personal information is protected with a password you are given or which you may select. You should use a unique and strong password, not share your password with others and notify us if you believe your password has been compromised.
Retention of Your Personal Information
David Roberts retains your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws.
If you contact us requesting product information or making any other inquiry, we may retain this information for a period of time to assist you in the future. In addition, if you apply for employment at David Roberts, we may retain the information provided by you or collected by us through the application process and your resume for a reasonable period of time following submission of the information, even if you do not become an employee of David Roberts.
Storage of Personal Information
We are located in, and your personal information is stored and/or processed by us in, Canada although some of our service providers may be located in, and store or process your personal information in, countries outside of Canada including the United States and, as such, your information may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other countries in accordance with their laws.
Updating, Correcting and Accessing Your Personal Information
If during the course of our relationship with you, any of your personal information changes, please let us know so that we can continue to provide you with services.
You may request access to and you may correct or update the personal information that we hold about you by Contacting Us as described below. David Roberts will respond to your request within a reasonable time in accordance with applicable law. If you can establish that the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete, or up to date, we will take reasonable steps to correct, delete or supplement such information as appropriate. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. In certain circumstances, we may not be able to provide you with access to some or all of your personal information. If we deny your request for access to or correction of your personal information, we will explain why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
If you are a registered user with our Website, you can access your account dashboard to update your shipping and billing address, and edit your password and account details by signing into your account on the Website.
When you visit and interact our Website, we may send one or more “cookies” to your computer. A cookie is a small text file, often containing a unique identifier, stored by your web browser on the hard drive of your computer when you visit a website. Depending on the type, the cookies may be necessary for the Website to function , to improve performance, or to assist us in personalizing your browsing experience. Cookies used on our Website include:
- Orders processing related cookies – Some cookies are essential to support the Website’s e-commerce and payment facilities, including to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Email newsletters related cookies – Cookies may be used to remember if you are registered for our newsletter or email subscription services and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookies – When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or subscription or registration forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies – In order to enhance your experience on the Website, we may provide functionality to set your preferences for how the site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page that is affected by your preferences.
Through your browser or device settings, you can accept, refuse or delete cookies. However, if you choose to delete or refuse to accept cookies, some of the features or functions on our Website may not be available to you.
David Roberts Food Corporation
2351 Upper Middle Road East
Oakville ON L6H 6P7
Telephone: (905) 502-7700