- 500 gr Whole wheat flour (coarse)
- 200 gr Clarified butter
- 250 gr Castor sugar
- ¼ tsp. Green cardamom powder
- 1 gr Saffron
- 100 gr Crushed almonds – Raw Natural Almonds
- 100 gr Crushed cashewnuts – Whole Raw Cashews
- 100 gr Crushed pistachios – Shelled Pistachios Raw
- 70 gr Pistachio flakes
- 150 gr Edible resin (tree gum)
- 60 gr Raisins – Thompson Raisins
- 3 tbsp Honey
- Gold leaf
1) Fry the edible resin (gum) a little at a time in clarified butter. Set aside.
2) Heat the clarified butter in a heavy bottom pan, add coarse whole wheat flour. Keep stirring until it turns a light golden color.
3) Remove from heat, set aside and allow to cool.
4) Add some of the crushed nuts and set the rest aside to use later.
5) Add the raisins and fried tree gum to the flour mix. Add castor sugar and mix well.
6) Add honey to the mixture and make equal size spheres, each weighing approximately 90 to 100 grams.
7) Garnish with gold leaf and serve
Created by: INC
by J.P. Singh