This better-for-you tuna salad with celery, apples and crunchy walnuts is flavored with an herby green goddess dressing and wrapped in spinach tortillas.
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green apple
- 2 (5-oz.) cans water packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 4 (12-inch) spinach or spinach herb tortillas
- 4 cups mixed greens
- To prepare dressing, puree all ingredients in a small blender or food processor. Transfer half the mixture to a large bowl.
- Add walnuts, apple, tuna, shallot and celery to bowl with dressing and stir to combine.
- Warm tortillas in a skillet over medium low heat just long enough to make them soft and pliable, about 30 seconds. Cool slightly, then spread a thin layer of the remaining green goddess spread onto each of the tortillas. Divide mixed greens and tuna salad among tortillas and roll tightly to close. Slice into pinwheels and use toothpicks to secure if necessary.
- Roll up tightly and squeeze gently to compress ingredients. (May be prepared 1 day ahead and stored tightly wrapped in the refrigerator until ready to serve.) Cut each into 5 to 6 pinwheels.