2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup chopped whole natural almonds (Raw Natural Almonds)
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
More almonds for garnish; You can use; Sliced Natural Almonds, or Slivered Blanched Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Blend in egg. Blend in almond milk and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, sea salt and baking powder. Add to butter mixture and blend just until mixed. Stir in chopped almonds and chocolate chips.
- Coat an 8 X 8 baking pan with non-sticking cooking spray. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
- Garnish with more chopped almonds or with sliced almonds, toasted.
Created by Tina Haupert, for Almond Board of California