Delicious pasta with crunchy pistachios and asparagus! Enjoy!
- 1 pound of asparagus
- ¼ cup of pistachio nuts – Shelled Pistachios Raw
- ¼ cup of spinach
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 pound package of uncooked pasta
1) Add asparagus into a pot with boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and chop the asparagus.
2) Add a cup of the chopped asparagus into a food processor along with the spinach, garlic, 2 tablespoons of pistachios, Parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
3) Blend until it is a paste. Add the pasta to the pot of boiling water.
4) Drain the pasta when done. Add 1 cup of the pesto and half of the pasta water.
5) Chop the remaining pistachios.
6) Serve the pasta and garnish with the pistachios and grated Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.