A delicious combination of rich dark chocolate and tangy orange
- 120g whole natural almonds (Raw Natural Almonds)
- Pared zest of 1 orange (use a potato peeler)
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- Put the almonds onto a sheet of non-stick baking paper.
- Using a sharp knife, shred the orange peel finely. Put it into a saucepan with the sugar and 3 tbsp water. Heat to dissolve the sugar, then simmer gently to cook the orange peel until soft (about 2-3 minutes). By this time the water will have evaporated. Cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir, then drizzle over the almonds. Scatter the shreds of orange peel on top and leave until the chocolate has set. Serve.
- TIP: Add a handful of raisins or sultanas to the almonds, if you like (Sultana Raisins).Created by: Almond Board of California