Need a go-to vegetarian appetizer this holiday season? Look no further than this textured and flavorful spinach and artichoke dip with pecans. Ready in just 35 minutes and always a crowd pleaser, serve this irresistible appetizer alongside crackers, chips or vegetables at your next get together.
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts packed in water, drained
- 1 cup reduced fat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup part skim mozzarella, shredded, divided
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup raw pecan pieces – Pecan Pieces
- In the bowl of a food processor, add cream cheese and artichokes. Pulse several times or until artichokes are chopped and mixed evenly with the cream cheese. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add Greek yogurt, parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, spinach, kosher salt and black pepper. Mix well to combine. Spread mixture into an ovenproof skillet or small casserole dish. Sprinkle dip with pecan pieces and reserved mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and dip is bubbling. Serve with chips, crackers, or vegetables. Makes 30 servings, assumes 3 servings person (2 tbsp per serving).